Introduction to Manufacturing
When you click on “Manufacturing” button from the Dashboard, you would be taken into the Manufacturing dashboard as follows.
We handle mainly 3 types of manufacturing process
In House manufacturing
You can setup the Bill of Materials (BOM) or Product structure, Transfer the materials to Production Location, Report Finished Goods and track them.
Jobwork for Customers
A large number of medium and large industries depend on other small companies to complete the production activities. The activity undertaken by small industries to complete the process on raw material/semi-finished goods as desired by principal manufacturer is known as “Job Work”.
Important: AcTouch.com helps to manage the materials that are received by the Customers, Track them and send the same back to customers. The materials received by the Customer shouldn’t add with OUR own inventory and it should be tracked separately.
This module has the following menus that help to run the business.
- Job Work order
- Inward DC
- Outward DC
- Convert Outward DC to Sales Invoice
There are relevant reports that help to track the stages of materials, how much received, how much is remaining to send to Customer etc.
Job Work For Subcontractor
This is the process in which the Customer will send the Raw materials to a subcontractor to convert the RM into a FG. Customer will follow the below process
- Create a Job work order – This is an agreement between Customer and a Subcontractor with clear details like unit price per work etc.
- Outward DC – Customer will make an outward DC and send the Raw materials to Subcontractor
- Here Customer will mention the FG and its Quantity to receive.
- Raw materials sent
- Inward DC – Customer will make this document when he receive the FG and scrap items, if any. This reduces the stock that’s sent to Subcontractor
- Convert the Inward DC to a Purchase order and do the payments
Note: The Job wok, Inward and Outward DC layouts, field details etc are similar to JOB WORK For Customer menus.