Maker-Checker Module and Features
Maker-Checker module and it’s features are the major concept that’s used in ACTouch.com Cloud ERP Software and it works like “Enterer and Approver” concept. Another name for this feature is “4 Eye Principle”, means, 2 people have seen the same document and the error is less and is approved. ACTouch.com incorporated this feature based on the wide spread industry problems that we see in the business across the continents. One of the best example of this feature is used in Banking Industry.
“Customer is depositing a cheque to collect the cash. This document is checked first by Cashier and he sends it to approval by his Manager before the money is given. A Manager has to approve the request for the payment. Only after this Bank Cashier gives the money to Customer. This is also called “4-Eye Principle””
Many business people are afraid that their employees might make any mistakes in the following main areas and they would end up in trouble with Vendors or Customers or Tax Authorities.
- Placing a Purchase Orders – This is an important agreement with vendors to supply the RIGHT items of RIGHT Quantity and at RIGHT agreed price. If there is mistake in any of the parameters, Vendor can hold the customer as responsible to give wrong demands.
- Sending an Invoice – This is where the Sales in the business happens. What is important is the right Discount applied, RIGHT Qty and UNIT SELLING price, TAXES applied are correct or not? Ensure that we have not missed any TAXES or SERVICE CHARGES. Post GST, the worry is more with HSN / SAC Codes too.
- Payments – This is one of the major concerns as many cases, money is misplaced or without checking the Company cash-flow situation, the payments been made to suppliers.
- Release of Work Orders to Production Department to begin the work.
So how we can ensure that there is a secondary check happens and Business owners don’t get into trouble.
This is where ACTouch.com’s Maker and Checker Feature helps.
Few important features of ACTouch.com’s Maker and Checker module
- ACTouch.com has nearly 20+ major modules that are enabled for Maker-Checker features.
- You can decide in which module ONLY you need this Maker-Checker feature. You can also disable the same, in case its not required later.
- You can also enable the features in the sub module of Main Modules and each module can different APPROVAL conditions and management users.
- Typical approval is made based on the TOTAL amount of the Document and Approver’s profile
- You can decide the AMOUNT by which who can approve the documents.
- Till $40, my cashier (email@example.com) can release the payments and don’t need any approval
- From $41 to $100 to be approved by my Finance Head (firstname.lastname@example.org) can approve.
- Any amount $101 onwards has to be approved by the Managing Director (email@example.com)
- Documents are prepared, but cant do the next operation like Payments or Inventory stock reduction or hitting the Customers / Supplier balance amount etc.
- “Approver” can COMMENT and REJECT the Order. If its rejected, the ORDER would be shown on the dashboard and why its rejected etc. So the “ENTERER” can update the document and send it back for APPROVAL again.
- Financial transactions and Inventory stocks etc gets affected only after Approval of the documents.
Lets configure the Maker-Checker features in ACTouch.com.
It’s very simple to enable the features. Dashboard of Maker-Checker is as below. this features is again controlled by user access controls.
Step 1: Enable and Configure the Features in Maker and Checker Module
As you can see, you can configure the Maker and Checker features for the Modules wise transactions. You can configure for below few functionalities
- Purchase Order
- Purchase receipt
- Purchase Returns
- Sales quotes
- Sales Orders
- Expense and Advance payments.
- Purchase Indents
Step 2: Do the transactions by “ENTERER”, the person who is responsible for creating the documents.
Once a Purchase Order is made and the status on the same DASHBOARD would “PENDING” based on who is doing this.
- If “Enterer” is created then based on the APPROVAL AMOUNT, the document is either “PENDING” or “APPROVED”.
- If an “Approver” is creating the document that the document is AUTO APPROVED. There is no need of a secondary approval.
Step 3: Now Approver has to login to his ACCOUNT to approve these documents so that the business can continue functioning.
Once an Approver logs in to his ACTouch.com account, he can see the pending orders. On his dashboard for a particular features (Purchase Order), he can see the list of the documents that needs his approval. Below are the conditions that would decide the conditions of the document.
- “Approve” – Clicking this would allow him to enter the a comment and the document is “Approved”
- “Reject” – Clicking this would allow him to enter the comment and the document is “Rejected”. Now the ENTERER can update the document and re submit for the approval.
Step 3: Approve the document and see the behavior.
Once the document is approved, “Enterer” can see who approved it, when it was approved and what is the comment, if any, to take an actions.