Some of the major features of ERP and what ERP can do for the business system to improve business operations are as follows.
- ERP provides multi-platform, multi-facility, multi-mode manufacturing, multi-currency, multi-lingual facilities.
- It supports strategic and business planning activities, operational planning and execution activities, creation of Materials and Resources.
- ERP covering all functional areas like manufacturing, selling and distribution, payables, receivables, inventory, accounts, human resources, purchases etc.
- ERP performs core activities and increases customer service, thereby augmenting the corporate image. ERP bridges the information gap across organisations.
- ERP provides complete integration of systems not only across departments but also across companies under the same management.
- ERP is the solution for better project management.
- ERP allows automatic introduction of the latest technologies like Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Internet, Intranet, Video conferencing, E-Commerce etc.
- ERP eliminates most business problems like material shortages, productivity enhancements, customer service, cash management, inventory problems, quality problems, prompt delivery etc.
- ERP provides intelligent business tools like decision support system, Executive information system, Data mining and easy working systems to enable better decisions.
Tags: ERP efficiency gains, benefits of erp in an organization, how does erp system achieve business integration, use of erp system, how is business integration achieved through erp, Features of ERP.