Customer Centric ERP
Customer Centric ERP: What is the need?
One of the biggest challenges for any Business Owner is to ensure that any ERP vendor who provides an ERP Software should also handle his business needs including his specific customisations, workflows, reporting formats and downloads etc. Means they need a “Customer Centric ERP” to manage and handle all their needs. In simple terms, ERP should do whatever he wants and dreamed off.
This is possible, if the ERP product is a stand alone or local server install based.
But many ERP’s those are hosted on Cloud and works as a SaaS doesn’t do this. Means, they don’t customise the features for your needs.
Many business owners don’t go for the cloud solution because of the application limitation and possibility of customisation is low.
In the initial days, SAP R3 was the king of ERPs and everyone wanted it. However slowly customer started feeling the heaviness of License Cost, implementation and customisation etc. Biggest challenge was you can do anything in this ERP, but it takes time and money. Number of modules are so huge that many don’t even needed them.
One of the reason SAP B1 came to existence is the old SAP R3 had so many modules and the functionalities that SMEs couldn’t even dream to deploy it. It took huge amount of money for License fees, Implementation and customisation & reporting. Once the configuration and setups are done, it was difficult to change or modify. This leads to so much confusion, frustration etc.
This means, Business owners are looking for the solution that are helping them to do whatever they want. So SAP B1 was a lesser version of SAP R3 and was focused for SME’s.
But this didn’t solve the entire problem and it increased the problem. because
- Before buying an ERP, SMEs might have bought the Accounting software and a CRM that holds the data of so many years. Their users are trained and are comfortable.
- New integrated ERP means, the earlier individual software to be replaced with a consolidated ERP.
- but they wanted to retain their old software.
For example, Business Owner will use SalesForce for CRM and its integrated to AcTouh.com for Inventory and Production and finance and others are transacted at his favourite accounting software QuickBooks or Tally or Xero.
How to handle this?
This is the necessity of Customer Centric ERP.
This leads to some distant possibilities down the line.
- Large ERP’s would die soon. SAP and Oracle kind of ERPs cant survive on the current business models for a long time. They have to change to survive.
- The price points of the large ERPs will be reduced as the second tier products will meet the business demands at a much lower timelines and at a better price points.
- Who owns customer success? – Many large implementations are failed due to lack of customer interest or wrong Implementation partners or difficult business process that couldn’t be handled in the ERP product. In this type, no one (ERP License seller or Implementation Partners) owns “Customer success”.
AcTouch.com believes and works as a “customer centric ERP”. We analyse the customer needs and decides what’s the amount of customization to be done to make our customer successful.
When we meet customers, we focus to understand his business needs, his problems and what he is expecting. We do not show our product or our application.
We spend time to understand on is there any customization to be done or not? In general we found that customers goes with a need of customisations.
Our principle rule is 80:20. Means we believe that 80% of the business needs are met with our standard ERPs and we might have to do 20% customization and these are specific to the customer only.
This is how we become Customer Centric ERP System.